Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Wicked Beat - Olivia Cunning

Title: Wicked Beat
Author: Olivia Cunning
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Length: 417 pages
Release Date: August 6, 2013

Blurb: From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners' new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she's too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy, but Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.

Review: Olivia Cunning does it again.  I have to admit, I was as disappointed as the next person when it was decided that the Sinners series would be released out of order.  I, of course, couldn't help but read Trey's book when it came out, even though I knew that it was the last book in the series.  Because I did read Trey's book, I was already well acquainted with Rebekah and her relationship with Eric.  While, yes, it would've been nice to have actually been able to read the books in order, I really don't think it took away from this book at all.  If anything, I now want to go right back and read Trey's book, Double Time, again (and I might just have to!)

Eric and Reb together alternate between being hot, hot, hot (so hot!) and being unbelievably adorable and sweet.  It's obvious that these two were made for each other and, while there were bumps in the road for sure, it never diminished the obvious love these two have for each other.  Olivia is great at making her characters really come to life and I honestly think that Rebekah just might be one of my favorite characters of hers.  She's playful, feisty and honest, she dotes on Eric and she's not afraid to be herself.  What's not not to like?

I can't wait to see what Olivia Cunning does next and I've got my fingers crossed for an Exodus End series.  If only to get a chance to see the Sinners I love so blissfully happy.  And the sexytimes.  Let's not forget the sexytimes.

Rating: 5/5

Purchase: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment