Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Here We Go!

Reading is one of my greatest joys in life, everyone who knows me, knows this about me.  I'm a fast reader and go through books quickly, but only because I make the time to do so.  In a normal day, I'm generally only reading before work, reading before bed and, if I'm reading something I particularly enjoy, I might make the time to read after dinner for an hour or so.  

But life gets busy.  Rarely ever have I had a full day to sit and read ALL DAY.  Each time Dewey's readathon has come along, I've had plans for the day or, at the very least, things that I needed to get done.  But, when I saw it creeping around the corner again, I decided I'm going to make time this year.  I'm going to clear my schedule and I'm going to do it.  So, here we are.

Do I plan to go the full 24 hours?  No.  I'm 31, I can't pull all-nighters like I used to when I was younger.  Plus, I'm just getting over being sick, there's no way I'm going to be able to stay up past midnight.  But I'm certainly going to try to go as long as I can!

Direct from the readathon website, a few questions to answer:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Michigan!  It's very cold here today, so I'll most definitely be glad to stay inside.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

There's a couple books that I've wanted to read for awhile I haven't gotten to yet.  The first is Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton and the second is Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix.  I also have a book subscription box arriving in the mail today, so I'm hoping there's something great in there that I could easily read today!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I've got a bag of cheese popcorn just waiting for me to open later!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm Nicole, I'm 31 and I'm a tax accountant.  I'll be a CPA once the state processes my paperwork and sends me my license (hopefully soon!).  I love to read all kinds of books, from romance to YA to horror to mystery.  I'll read whatever!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my first year!  I'm looking forward to making a huge dent in this TBR pile and to just spending a day doing something that I love so much.

That's all for now!  I'll be posting updates as I go along during the day.  I'm hoping to get at least 1500 pages read, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment